History of the Society
The Society was initially formed as the Durham and Northumberland Referees’ Society in 1893.
In 1895 it was decided that the Referees’ Society should be a part of the Constituent Body and so they split and the Durham County Rugby Union Referees’ Society was officially formed
In 1993 as part of the 100 year anniversary celebrations of the formation of the joint Durham and Northumberland Referees society a short potted history was written.
To view this Best of Friends history read ….